The Chicago Council
on Global Affairs
COVID-19 Entry Protocols
In an effort to safely and efficiently verify proof of vaccination, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs has partnered with Bindle, a health status app that helps you feel safe going into shared spaces again. Individuals can safely store COVID-19 vaccine records in their Bindle wallet, which transforms them into anonymous entry passes that can be used to access events and locations. Bindle technology is designed in such a way that your personal health data is kept strictly private. You have complete control of your health data – neither Bindle nor the Chicago Council on Global Affairs can see it or store it.
All guests must present proof of vaccination in order to enter the Chicago Council on Global Affairs events. To streamline this process, proof of vaccination can be easily provided by using Bindle, a free app (see directions below to join) that keeps your information private, secure, and fast tracks your entry. If you do not have a smartphone or are unable to use Bindle please see Additional Information* below.
Bindle safeguards COVID-19 vaccination records in a secure, blockchain data locker, keeping personal health and identity data strictly private and anonymous. Based on the entrance criteria of the space the individual is seeking to enter, Bindle will produce an anonymous entry pass, where no personal health information is shared. Bindle can be used to enter Chicago Council on Global Affairs events, as well as museums, concert halls, live entertainment venues and festivals across America.
Setting up and using the Bindle app is simple. The 3+ minute video below provides step by step instructions, and detailed written instructions can also be found below the video.
2. Create an account using one of the two options: “Auto Import” by uploading an existing vaccine QR code or “Manual Set Up” by providing your name, selfie, email address and birthdate. (If you are using the Auto Import function, Bindle can ingest QR codes from SMART Health Cards.) As a final step, you’ll be prompted to type in a verification code that is sent to your email address.
3. To upload your completed COVID-19 vaccination information including COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, go to My Certificates on your Bindle and tap the “+”* icon and follow the instructions to create a digital health certificate. To upload a test result click on the “+” icon and then “COVID-19 Test Results”.
*If for any reason you don’t see a “+” on the screen please reduce your “Screen Zoom” and “Font Size” in your phone’s “Display and Brightness” system settings.
4. Once you’ve uploaded the necessary certificates, go to My Passes on your Bindle, search for the The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and click Create Entry Pass.
5. If you meet the health requirements for entry, Bindle will generate an Entry Pass with your photo and QR code.
6. Present your Bindle health verification entry pass to the venue staff when entering the venue.
For a video with detailed instructions on how to set up Bindle, please click here.
Additional instructional videos can be found on this page.
• If you’re unable to use Bindle, you can access Chicago Council on Global Affairs events by showing your physical vaccination card OR a photo of your vaccination card AND a government issued photo ID.
• Wear Your Mask: CDC-approved masks must be worn at all times during all events at Chicago Council on Global Affairs, regardless of vaccination status (unless actively eating or drinking). The only exception to this requirement is for speakers while speaking onstage.
• When To Stay Home: If on the day of the event you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been instructed to quarantine, please stay home and view the program online.
• Stay Informed: We will continue to evaluate and update these policies as the situation evolves.
For questions, please contact email@example.com